Firstly, let’s get one thing out of the way: we are not food bloggers. While we enjoy creative cooking at home, and consider ourselves “foodies” merely based on our love of food, we do not operate under the pretense that we can just whip up an aesthetically-pleasing, mind-blowing meal without great effort each night of the week (while wearing cute outfits and hair perfectly coiffed). Nope. Not us.
So when we had the opportunity to partner with coop@home we first felt some pressure, and then we realized that actually, most of us are all in the same boat. So why not create a series of recipes that are straight-forward, quick, delicious, aaaaaaand of which the ingredients can be delivered straight to your door. The best part? We’ll include a link with each recipe that will direct you to a special coop@home page where you can add all of the ingredients directly to your online shopping cart. Easy peasy…just the way we like it.
Our first recipe is a cold-weather staple in our households and perfect to make ahead of time and save–as it just gets better the second and third day. This Thai sweet potato curry is comfort in a bowl.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2-3 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 shallots, sliced thinly or chopped
- 1 bunch of coriander, chopped and divided into two piles
- A few handfuls of peanuts, chopped coarsely and divided into two piles
- A handful of baby spinach
- 2-3 spoonfuls of curry paste (red or yellow or a mix of the two!)
- 1 cup of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can or box of coconut milk
- 1-2 apples, sliced or chopped
Optional: fish sauce at the end (it scares some people, but honestly, it makes all of the flavors come together!)
To be served with rice (we prefer basmati, but anything will do!)
- Add oil to a large pot on medium-high heat and sauté the shallots until fragrant and soft
- Add cubed sweet potatoes and stir until all potatoes are coated in oil
- Add a few spoonfuls of curry paste until everything in the pot is evenly coated
- Pour in coconut milk & broth and bring to a boil, then turn down the heat, add half of the chopped peanuts/coriander and let it simmer for 15 minutes
- Add spinach, then right before serving add a few dashes of fish sauce
Serve with rice, topped with the remaining peanuts & coriander and freshly chopped apples. Here’s to comfort food and comfortable grocery shopping (from home!)
To quickly add all of your ingredients to your coop@home shopping cart, click here.