There is only one thing that gets us more excited than magical sunsets in and around Lausanne - the fact that Swiss Christmas markets are back! Are you ready for the scent of vin chaud, the festive atmosphere and decorations?
Check out the local Christmas markets' opening dates and our curated list of events for this week:
- On Monday and Tuesday from 5pm, enjoy a fondue by l’Affineur Alpin at Ta Cave.
- On Tuesday the next edition of the Souperposé will include a Christmas wreath creation workshop and Korean specialties to taste.
- A Zero Waste workshop on Thursday on cosmetics and cleaning products.
- A Chair and You: the mudac has the privilege of revealing to the public for the first time Thierry Barbier-Mueller’s collection – one of the largest private collections in the world of chairs by artists, designers and architects.
- Candide at Opera de Lausanne. Inspired by Voltaire’s philosophical tale of the same name, don’t miss Candide at Opera de Lausanne this week.
- Don’t know where to put your plants? Come and make a macrame suspension planter to hang your pretty plants at Tiny Garden on Friday evening.
- On Saturday at 6 p.m., the Grand Opening Parade of Bô Noël Lausanne will mark the start of the festivities.
- On Saturday, a vide-dressing hosted by Äta restaurant and a vide-grenier in Ouchy organized by CPO.
Local Christmas Markets
- The Bô Noël 2022 starts on Thursday and will once again be full of countless surprises. On Saturday 19 at 6 p.m. the Grand Opening Parade will mark the start of the festivities.
- Montreux Noël from November 18 to December 24.
- This year don’t forget to visit Chillon castle and its venerable rooms, humming with activities, tales, shows and handicraft workshops for all ages. Weekends only (3-4, 10-11 and 17-18 December) from 10am till 6pm.
- Vevey Noël starts on November 19 in Place Scanavin. You will find themed activities every Saturday and workshops for children every Wednesday.
Want to share an event?
Upload your event directly to our calendar.