A strike for gender equality, powerful photo exhibitions in the streets, a Creative Mornings gathering about matriarchy, and several other additions for your calendar. Here's what's going on in Lausanne this week:
Today at 15h19, women are encouraged to walk out of their workplaces and join in the grève féministe which will take place at Place du 14 juin (or Saint Laurent). The time of the gathering indicates the moment in the workday when women stop being paid in comparison to their male colleagues. You can find more information, including the full program of the strike which begins at noon, on this website.
- A powerful photo exhibit in the streets of Lausanne (Grand Pont): 50 female photographers portrayed 50 women, exactly 50 years after women got to vote in Switzerland. Don’t miss it! (June 14 – July 14)
- Kick off your day with this month’s Creative Mornings Lausanne session on Matriarchy (online event)
- Gin tasting on the sunny terrace of Brasserie de Montbenon (limited spots)
- Have a free sneak-peek at the construction site of the new Musée de l’Elysée and Mudac at Platforme 10
- The MCBA is launching a new weekend event to round out its regular offerings for kids.