The holiday season is magical no matter what age you are, but there's nothing better that experiencing it with a child. Here's a collection of events to help you make beautiful holiday memories with the smallest people in your life.
- The Bô Noël’s Village des Enfants – pony rides, a petting zoo, a yurt with storytelling, and of course, meeting Père Noel himself.
- The Lausanne Orchestra will perform a musical rendition of Charles Dicken’s A Christmas Carol for children.
- Light on Ice at the Montreux Christmas market looks AMAZING. The 2m2c Conference Center which usually holds concerts and large events, has been transformed into an indoor skating rink with gorgeous decorations.
- Did you know that Santa Claus lives at Les Roches-de-Naye? Take the train up the mountain from Montreux and visit the snow covered home of the man himself.
- Children’s Christmas festival at the Chateau d’Aigle, December 5.
- Christmas at the Chateau de Chillon, December 4-5.
- Catch Santa flying over Lac Léman on his sled every evening at the Montreux Christmas Market (plus ice skating, a Ferris wheel, and plenty of other delightful surprises)
- Christmas shopping paradise is at Schilliger Garden Center in Gland. You can find amazing decorations at affordable prices and even grab a bunch of presents for children. Kids will enjoy the display while you shop.
Non-holiday themed activities
- La Boîte@Histoires organized by Lausanne libraries: from book to tablet, in groups, imagine, create and play. December 15: Create a digital accordion book (from 8 years old)
- Un Arbre, Un Enfant: It’s already been 20 years since this beautiful initiative began. Have you planted a tree for your child? If you have, come discover the history and what has become of the trees over the past 2 decades. This exhibition is on display at City Hall in Place de la Palud until December 4.
- La Brouille – an entertaining show performed by the talented puppeteers at the Theatre de la Marionettes. From 3 years old and 40′ long. December 8, 11, 12.