Halloween is approaching and despite being a relative recent addition to the Swiss calendar, it's still possible to be spooked around here. Pumpkin festivals, Halloween disco, Swiss castle ghost hunts, Hollywood monsters and parties in the Vaudois alps - don't be afraid to have fun! Discover a selection of events for both kids and adults in and around Lausanne.
Halloween for the kids
- CPO is having a pumpkin festival in Ouchy with pumpkin soup and a pumpkin decorating workshop (make sure to sign your kids up in advance!)
- On Saturday and Sunday (October 29-30) the Mini Train in Pully welcomes kids for free rides.
- It’s time for sweet and spooky treats – Royaume Melazic in Riponne is hosting several cupcake and biscuits Halloween workshops for kids between October 22 and 29.
- Celebrate Halloween at Aquatis – on October 30th, free entry for children who bring an origami on the theme of animals and nature.
- Halloween party in Lutry – pumpkin soup, candy bags pointy hats, the night of October 31 is likely to be frightening.
- Join a monster hunt in the village of Leysin.
- A fun pumpkin hunt at Château-d’Œx where families are challenged to decipher riddles and get their hands dirty.
- Children are invited to the Castle in Aigle on October 30 to follow in the footsteps of Jack-o-lantern. Scary tales and creative workshops for the whole family.
- It’s time for Halloween at Swiss Vapeur Parc – this miniature train park will be transformed from October 15 until the 31st.
- From October 1 to November 6, thrill seekers can enjoy Halloween-themed attractions and entertainment at Europa-Park.
- You will need a good dose of courage to steady your hands during these Halloween culinary workshops at the Alimentarium museum in Vevey (age: 6-12 years). Summon up all your creativity to make some terrifying but terribly delicious treats!
- Find the cutest trick-or-treat cookies and Halloween home decor at Royaume Melazic in Riponne.
- From October 7 to 31, meet Les Marécottes Alpine Zoo residents in a spooky setting with Halloween colours. Don’t miss the giant candy hunt on October 30.
- A creative workshop Centre Manor Vevey.
- Who is the ghost of the lady who haunts the castle? Finds out on October 25 during a scary night at Château Chillon. Another local castle organising Halloween activities is Château de Prangins.
- Throughout the month of October, it’s all treats, no tricks at Maison Cailler with their Halloween Chocolate Workshops for the whole family. Kids +8 years old (accompanied by and adult) can attempt the new Cailler Escape Room Game.
- On October 29, go on an adventure though the salty mountain and (re)discover the Hallo-Salt Mines of Bex. After solving the puzzles hidden in the maze of galleries, you will be served a delicious sweet and savoury snack to reward your efforts. Animation (little terrifying) for children from 5 to 12 years old.
- Zombies everywhere! Have you tried virtual reality at Yatoo Family Center?
- Halloween workshop and storytelling in Chardonne for children from 5 years old.
- Dress up and challenge the ghosts in tree-climbing and zip lines for one night only at Payerneland.
Who’s afraid of skeletons, spiders and ghosts? Definitely not you! From October 15 to November 6, Chaplin’s World will be decked out for Halloween and once again welcome Hollywood’s most famous monsters. With family or friends, celebrate a monstrously fun Halloween in the dark alleys of the park.
Halloween for the adults
- Join a Halloween Boxing Special at Holmes Place.
- A Scary-oke Halloween Party at McCarthy’s Irish Pub on October 29. Do you dare to sing or scream?
- Join us on October 29 for the opening night / Halloween Party of Downtown Lausanne (ex Blackbird Downtown Diner) in Flon – DJ set, spooky cocktails and more surprises.
- Looking for a new scary movie to watch? Halloween Ends is released on October 12 at Pathé Flon cinema.
- CPO is having a pumpkin festival with pumpkin soup and a pumpkin decorating workshop.
- A Halloween rowing in-the-dark workout with some scary hits songs!
- Don’t make a sound at this bewitching Halloween Silent Disco on October 29 from 5 pm at Tour de la Peilz.
- On October 29 and 30, BDFIL (Bande Dessinée Festival International Lausanne) will celebrate Halloween and the closing of the exhibition at Espace Amaretto (Sébeillon neighbourhood).
- Party all night in town and feel like you are under a spell at Jetlag-MAD and D! Club.
- From October 27 to 29, the famous Congress Center in Montreux is transformed into a funfair of horror and hosts the biggest Halloween fair in Switzerland