Well, friends. Here we go again. With restaurants and cultural institutions closed and the days getting shorter and shorter, we’re staring down a dark winter of Netflix binges, Zoom apéros, and a lot more family time than we bargained for when we decided to have all those kids…
Alas, we find ourselves scanning the skies for silver linings once more, but this time our local restaurants are ready! Progressively, they’re announcing plans to rise to the occasion with creative takeaway and delivery options to help us find a bit of plaisir in the monotony of confinement.
In this piece, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite spots in town for dining in, with details of their plans to help you dine out. If you’re looking for information about meal kits, local grocery delivery, or baked goods, keep you eyes out for a new article next week.
At the risk of sounding moralistic, as you think about your budget, consider directing some of your resources to our local farmers and restaurants when you buy. If you can afford it, treat yourself to a restaurant meal at home. In the eight years that we’ve been covering the restaurant scene in Lausanne, our city’s creativity has exploded. By continuing to support them, we can all help to make sure to keep our local economy dynamic and growing.
Did we miss one of your favorite places? Or have you had a great takeout experience we should know about? Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Traditional restaurants pivoting to offer takeout
- Le Vieux-Lausanne – Scandi or Swiss specialities, packaged up in the most delightful combinations, are ready for pick up on Friday evenings. In case you missed eating chasse this year, you’re in luck!
- Eligo – Lunch or dinner at home has never been this gastronomic! Eligo is offering three menus – meat, fish, or vegetarian – for pick up at their Rotillon location.
- Amici – Our favorite Italian date night spot is packaging up their pastas for takeaway. Reasonably-priced three-course menus also available.
- Eat Me – Man, we miss travelling. At least dinner can bring the world to our dining rooms. Eat Me is offering delivery through Uber Eats or 10% off if you takeaway at the restaurant.
- L’Impression Café – We’ve never had the pleasure of trying this neighborhood spot ourselves, but many of our readers have told us it’s a gem. They’re carving out a special place in the takeaway/delivery offer in town with weekend brunches ready to enjoy at home. You don’t even have to change out of your pyjamas!
- Brasserie de Montbenon, Café de Grancy, and Café St. Pierre – Every Friday afternoon-evening, you can pick up a complete, three-course meal from one of these sister restaurants. The menu is the same regardless, but you can pick the location most convenient for you. And if you really want to get classy, add an apéro or a cheese course for an additional charge.
- El Batan – We about fell out of our seats when we first tasted El Batan this summer, so we’re delighted to announce that you can bring the Peruvian fusion to your home with their takeaway menu.
- Café des Artisans – A reduced menu is available for takeaway each day. Check Instagram, Facebook or give them a call for options.
- Lucha Libre – A reduced menu is available for takeaway. Check Instagram, Facebook or give them a call for options.
- Le Fraisier – Beautiful and nutritious lunches available for takeaway.
- Le Java – This Lausanne institution is offering an impressive selection of tartars (beef and fish) for delivery on Smood.
- Blackbird – Our favorite local diner is offering its menu for takeaway or delivery with Uber Eats.
- Le Vestibule’s Elixir de Joie project – Cocktail takeaway?! YES. PLEASE.
- Chez Tof – This French-style bistrot is making sure that dining remains a convivial affair with the “Tof Box” a complete three course meal and bottle of wine for either 2 or 4 people.
Takeout restaurants doing what they do best
- Ata – If you’re craving the grand nord, Ata’s takeaway counter is still open to serve.
- Slice Pizza – NYC-style pizza for pickup or delivery.
- Manouchy – Lebanese street food available for takeaway or for delivery on Smood.
- Babouchka – Homemade Eastern European dishes using Swiss products for takeaway.
- Mexicana – Get your taco fix with pickup or delivery from Mexicana.
- Green Van – Order your burgers for pickup or delivery using Smood or Uber Eats.
- Bibibowl – This Korean takeaway restaurant can also deliver with Uber Eats.
- Green Gorilla – Healthy salads and poké bowls available for delivery with Smood and Uber Eats.
- Chez Laurène – Homemade soups, sandwiches, quiches, and salads, all made with love and local ingredients. Lunch only.
- Doki Doki – Homemade ramen, traditional Japanese flavors, and ramen-kits now available for delivery. Check their Facebook page for updates.