Well ladies and gents, how did we even get here? It seems like a lifetime has passed in the span of one week and there really isn’t a definite end in sight. We are given new information and new boundaries daily, boundaries that defy our core human desire for connection and community. These restrictions have us wondering what life will look like for the next few weeks and months. In the midst of ever-growing uncertainties, we do know that in this digital age we can be lifelines for each other. Though we may not be able to reach out and lend you a physical hand, we hope this page (which we will add to regularly as we get more information) will be a source of comfort and help you find what you need. In the meantime, please stay at home if you can. We know that our apartment spaces are small, that the sunshine is beckoning us to invade the parks and lakeside, but let’s do our part to protect ourselves and others and ensure that our medical spaces do not approach over-capacity.
Stay safe, friends. And please keep in touch!
Are you thinking about your elderly or vulnerable neighbor? Here’s a local Facebook page with resources–and even a PDF you can print off and put in your elevator or hallway to offer some help.
For those who can afford it, consider continuing to pay anyone who works for you without a contract. If you have a housekeeper, a babysitter, or a handyman you rely on, imagine how scary it can be to be unable to work and without social protections like unemployment insurance.
Cultural & Educational
- Scientific online activities from our friends at EPFL
- Virtual museum tours
- Met Opera to stream free opera during CoViD outbreak
- Improve your French with Prêt-à-Parler
- Free homeschool resources in English
- How to talk to your kids about coronavirus
- Lunch doodles with your littles with Mo Willems!
- Virtual field trips to the zoo!
- L’Ecoline will be sharing ideas of what to do with your school-age children.
- DoItBox–a children’s activity subscription box (made in Switzerland!) that arrives to your door each month and filled with craft activities for kids aged 3-8!
- @etdieucrea (IG) is sharing great inspiration for homeschooling
- Artiloft.ch is offering an eCourse where you can discover watercoloring. Get 15% off with the code ARTILOFT.
- Educational toys in Switzerland
- Download the newest issue of Éspaces Contemporains FOR FREE
- Like wine? Why not expand your knowledge and drink a glass or a few with a wine expert. Share a glass with local award-winning content creator, journalist, and wine professional Marc Checkley every Thursday on Facebook live at 18h30 CET.
- Jouets Davidson is delivering toys and games
- Disney+ comes to Switzerland on March 24 and they are offering a promotional price
- Books Books Books (English bookstore in town) will deliver by post over the next month. Do you have any good recommendations of books to read?
- List of our favorite recently read books
- Olive Kitteridge
- Olive, Again
- A Woman is No Man
- My Sister, The Serial Killer
- White Teeth
- EVADE Escape Game, a local escape room, is offering escape board games delivered to your home! Send them a DM on IG @evadegame
Health, Wellness & Fitness
- Workout-at-home options
- BEAT fitness is now offering online fitness routines each morning via Instagram stories (@beatfitness on IG)
- Boston Globe’s roundup of home fitness videos
- JSC Crossfit is publishing daily home workouts, no equipment needed, on their Facebook page.
- Crossfit Morges is offering free videos on YouTube
- @yoga.meditation_lausanne (IG) is offering online yoga and meditation classes and only asking for donations
- @coachingbyfiona (IG) is offering free IGTV workouts
- These tips from our friend, Victoria Sardain, who is a wellness coach and consultant
- Myth busters about Coronavirus from WHO
- Online counseling and therapy sessions with Cabinet Holistis
- Clarity Home Detox are offering 10% off on their online Home Detox consultation.
- 100% plastic free period products
For small businesses and freelancers
- Watch this helpful video from Camille of @facesofthefrontier (on IG) with strategy tips for Swiss entrepreneurs
- Help small local businesses! Street Kitchen is launching their dinner kits. Everything can be ordered online with zero contact–and their delicious 80% prepared flavourful dishes will be delivered straight to your door.
- Missing fresh produce? Order online from family owned farm Cuendet and it’s FREE DELIVERY to pick up points
- Online groceries with farmy.ch (and they try to keep it as local as possible!)
- Slice Pizza is delivering!!
- Curchod Traiteur delivers homemade plates and snacks all over Lausanne
- Local grocery delivery with Magic Tomato
- Ugly Fruits delivers all over Switzerland using local producers
- Siradis.ch offers healthy and sustainable snacks delivered to your home
- Organic food delivery in Switzerland
- Organic fruits and vegetables in Vaud
- HelloFresh meal kit delivery
- Vegan online Swiss shop LOLAvegan
- Epicerie Ratatouille in Vevey is doing delivery
- Tayta Empanadas is offering free home delivery with UberEats (code: FREEDELIVERYCH)
- Beyondfood.ch are delivering their meal kids here in Lausanne
- Organic baby food
- Fresh fruit delivery
- Food delivery service partnered with local restaurants that are still open
- Spanish products delivered all throughout CH
- Docteur Gab’s is now also delivering groceries! Go to their website, and while you’re stocking up on beer, check out their add-ons (like fresh veg and fruit, charcuterie, cheese, and meats!)
- Low on wine? Order wine from Massy Vins and get it delivered.
- A comprehensive list of Vaudoise wines you can get delivered.
- Gagygnole are three brothers who produce organic spirits in the Bernese Jura (and their labels are gorgeous)
- Artisanal beers from Vaud delivered all over Switzerland
- Domaine Croix-Duplex has an online shop with delivery
- White Frontier Beer
- Dr. Gab’s beer delivery
- BAKED GOODS/SWEET TREATS
- Maison Manuel is delivering their Easter chocolate creations to the medical and social institutions of Lausanne (CHUV, the Children’s Hospital, Salvation Army, etc.). When you purchase from them, they add 20% of the value of your order as a donation and they take care of delivery.
- Taste of Heaven (@tohhomebakery on IG) will deliver fresh baked goods
- Gâteaux de Mémé (@gateauxdememe on IG)
- Au Four (@aufour.lausanne on IG)
- Le Smart Cake (naturally gluten-free, lactose-free, reduced in sugar) is offering free delivery to everyone in Vaud and Genève
- ONDEdeChoc is a small local chocolaterie in Échallens with an online shop
- Brunilda Cakes (is launching temporary sales and donating 50% to the CHUV foundation
- Baked pies delivered all of CH
- Vegan chocolate
- Support small local businesses like
- And other retail therapy
- Keep in touch with family and friends (Messenger videocall, Whatsapp videocall, Skype) with a glass of wine: try a virtual apero!
- We keep in touch with each other 10x a day using the video chat app Marco Polo. Get your usual Thursday night drinks group together and swap stories digitally. It’s been a lifeline for us!
- Canton Vaud has a dedicated interactive web tool called CoronaCheck (in En, Fr, It, De) to enable everyone to easily evaluate risk of each situation and know what to do.
- Also the official Canton Vaud website is where you can get all updated information about new rules and regulations put in place
We would love to continue to add to this list! Have anything to share? Leave a comment below or drop us an email at email@example.com