Ah, August 1st. A time for us to embrace our Swiss patriotism, grill cervelas, drink Chasselas and raise our three fingers (Schwurhand, anyone?) in honor of the red and white flag we've adopted as our own. If you're looking for a way to celebrate Swiss National Day in or around Lausanne, check out these events.
- Don’t forget the traditional fireworks display on the lake that will light the night sky above Lausanne!
- Farmer’s brunch has become a staple to celebrate the Swiss national day. Throughout the country, whether in the stable, the barn or outdoors, family-run farms welcome you for a homemade brunch including baked tresse, apple tart, hearty rösti, cheese and meat platters and Bircher muesli, depending on the region. Book your spot now!
- Join a giant Silent Party for National Day on Place de la Navigation, in Ouchy.
- The Garden Parties Lausanne series continues this week in Parc de l’Horloge-fleurie over the long weekend, with live music, street art and workshops and shows for kids.
- Newly inaugurated Plateforme 10 arts district will feature a circus and acrobatics show by the Rouge Nord troupe. The President of the Swiss Confederation, Ignazio Cassis, will be present on the occasion at 5:15 pm.
- Embark with the crew of the Beau-Rivage Palace in Lausanne for a La Croisière CGN cruise formula via Yvoire combining gastronomy and the magic of the sunset.
- The Municipality of Pully is organizing food and drink stands, musical entertainment and kids workshops in the city centre.
- To fight the high temperatures, enjoy a sunrise brunch at 3000m of altitude!
- Celebrate Swiss National Day with a 12-hour music party at People in the City (July 31 – August 1) in Lausanne.
- If you would rather escape to the mountains around Lausanne, Les Diablerets, Aigle, Leysin and Villars offer a wide range of entertainment for the whole family.
- Checkout our latest suggestions on local hikes, day trips and via ferrata routesgh
How do you plan to celebrate Swiss National Day?
Have an event you'd like to share?
You can add it directly to our site!